Location: Nampa, Idaho
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Coaching – Cross Country
Coaching – Track & Field
$33,000-$35,000. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, health savings account, tuition benefits, opportunities for professional development and a retirement program. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, health savings account, tuition benefits, opportunities for professional development and a retirement program.
This is a full-time position for the Assistant Track & Field/Cross Country Distance Coach. The individual will be responsible for assisting the Head Track & Field and Cross Country Coach in all details of the cross country program and the distance events for the indoor and outdoor track & field seasons. This includes, but is not limited to: development and implementation of training plans, individual athlete development, recruiting, race preparation, competition scheduling, budget management, academic and eligibility oversight, NCAA documentation, alumni and public relations, fund-raising, travel and camps planning, and other duties assigned by the Head Coach. The assistant coach is expected to assist the head coach in promoting and developing spiritual formation and leadership, academic excellence, competitive spirit and athletic competitiveness, and community engagement. The Assistant Head Coach reports to the Head Track and Field and Cross Country Coach. The position is a full-time, eleven-month (.92 FTE), exempt position.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Cross country and distance coaching experience
- Sufficient skills, knowledge and training to perform the essential functions of this position
- High motivation and commitment to the University, organizational skills, the ability to self-start, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines, work without direct supervision, multi-task, problem solve, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to obtain and maintain current First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications
- Ability to obtain NNU driving certification
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree
- Collegiate level cross country and distance coaching experience
- Proficiency in Front Rush or other recruiting software
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
To be considered for this position, a complete application must be received. A complete application packet will include the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU application
- Two letters of recommendation from professional references
- Letter of reference from current pastor
Please do not contact athletic department staff directly; they will not respond to email inquiries or voice messages.
Send or e-mail complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Blvd.
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.